Now on Wix Site

Hello Readers,

I have moved to Wix site. Click on the link for my latest posts.



Monday, September 02, 2013

Movie Review : The Mortal Instruments : City of Bones

Weeeeeee first time watching a movie in Singapore's Cinema
excited? yes LOL
not because it's d first time, but more because of the movie that I was gonna watch...
I heard the books are awesome. Considering the fact that for the past few years, all the books you find in Popular or MPH are so twilight-ish...(house of night, vampirediaries) it's so hard to tell what books are nice...so yea, this book must have it's charm to be so popular among all the vampire-werewolf-immortal-fantasy books galore. I downloaded an e-book of City of Bones, but totally forgot to read it and before I realize it, it's already showing in theaters haha....So yeap, since I know how reading the books will actually destroy my opinion of the movie, so I might as well watch the movie first and decide whether to read the books.

Watching the trailer, it does show a lot of similarity with recent popular teen fantasy movies like twilight, beautiful creatures and etc.  But the movie certainly is much better than expected. 

The Mortal Instruments : City of Bones

Synopsis:
Basically, it's a story about Clary, discovering the truth about herself and also her mother who was kidnapped in the beginning of the movie. She realized she's actually a Half-angel, Half-human, aka Shadowhunter who hunts demons down. Trying to save her mother, she gets help from Jace, also a Shadowhunter and was brought to the headquarters of Shadowhunters called the Institute. From there, she realize her mom's disappearance is related to a mortal cup, one of the mortal instruments given by Angel Raziel. So yea, the movie tells the journey of her finding the cup and saving her mother from villain Valentine.

Cast: (left to right)
Lili Collins, Robert Sheehan, Jamie Campbell Bower, Kevin Zegers, Jemima West
Loving the cast, probably because I haven't read the book haha...
so far, I really like Lili Collins, so pretty. Looks somehow fragile but yet untouchable.

Review:
I think this movie is quite good, and interesting. Well it has a bit of everything. Fantasy, myths, action, romance, friendship, adventure and comedy. Trust me, some of the lines are damn funny...I kinda agree that it sort of like compiles all the best things from other teen movies, it has Harry Potter's magical world (The Institute looks like Hogwarts, the mortal cup with special powers, the villain),  Twilight's romance and supernatural creatures, things like that. But I guess the main character Clary is the special one, a half angel, fighting evil, finding her own destiny, independent, brave, smart. But again, I haven't read the book, maybe there's more to her and other characters as well. Jace was also quite cool, loves himself too much i guess, but still very powerful and attractive. Certainly the storyline is kind of cliche, but it has a lot of interesting elements larr, the rather modern yet dangerous underworld, with all the werewolves, demons and vampires, witches and warlocks. The weapons, the mortal cup, the stele and runes. It's also packed with action scenes, lots of fighting, vampire smashing and demon slaughter haha...making every moment of the movie worth watching. I was texting my friend in the cinema, and I end up missing out lots of things haha...And not to forget, romance! Erm, when it comes to romance I'm certain that the book will be better, but from the movie, it's quite sweet larr...not too cheesy. I like how Jace looks at Clary.  
anyways, despite the movie keeps you on the edge of your seat, there are a lot of details that I didn't really understand. Probably need to read the book to find out. You might not fully understand the whole story. 

Smoking hot casts :D

Anyways, it's still a nice movie larr...anticipating the second movie!
meanwhile, I should go read the books haha...
anyways, erm, to me, you can't really compare this to Twilight larr...
It's rather different, this one is more of an adventure. Twilight is still awesome to me haha...
But if you have can, do watch this movie, very interesting and unique. Funny as well!!

Ratings : 7/10


Movie with dear Limin, Theodora and Cristina. 


"ma, I went for a movie with two exchange students, one from Romania and one from Italy."
and there comes my mom's shocked face haha
yeap, one of the best things from NTU, get to know people from all over the world. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Nuffnang

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails