Now on Wix Site

Hello Readers,

I have moved to Wix site. Click on the link for my latest posts.



Sunday, June 28, 2015

Astons and The Assembly Ground @ The Cathay



Yum yum, time for some food again hehe....
It just makes me really happy whenever I blog about food, and I don't know why.
Hope this post makes you happy too...

This was right after my exams, decided to meet up with the "Relative".
Glad to have this always-on friend who never says no whenever I asked for a meet up even if it's a weekday and she has classes in the morning in the following day. Thankiuuu so much for accompanying me in my post-exam food therapy. Both of us pretty much just kept on chatting and chatting, complaining every now and then haha, but it was great to catch up. 

We've decided to spend the night with a nice dinner and a soothing cup of coffee at The Cathay. 
Oh well it's almost two years since I came to SG but it was my first time going to Astons, the affordable western restaurant that almost everyone in SG knows about. Yeah I know I'm so Suagu in SG haha




Mushroom Soup -- S$3.50

Crispy Fried Fish -- S$10.50
Mac n Cheese and Pasta Salad as sides

Black Pepper Chicken -- S$9.90
Mac n Cheese and Coleslaw as sides
Tender and juicy, with the mild charred flavor 
The sauce was okay...well I guess the chicken is good enough on its own.
Mac and cheese is super yummy, the macaroni just slides down your throat bringing that smooth and cheesy flavor along haha   


Astons
2 Handy Road
The Cathay Building #04-03/04
Singapore 229233

Tel: 6887 5889

Operating Hours: Open Daily
11.30am - 10pm (Sun - Thurs)
11.30am - 11pm (Fri, Sat & Eve of PH)

Check out Aston's website for the full list of outlets, including the one in NUS which is much cheaper for students!


After the super filling dinner, continued our chatting session at a more laidback and cozy setting:
The Assembly Ground. Just like the name says, the cafe looks kinda like some underground workshop with bright spotlights, steel pipes and wires, and hanging light bulbs. Right next to the Cafe is actually The Assembly Store which is the physical store of the online men's fashion store of the same name. http://www.theassemblystore.com/

The coffee and cakes here are not exactly awesome, but I love the ambience here. 

Lychee Martini Slice -- S$8.50
Love the mild and soothing sweetness from Lychee but I can't tell whether there's Martini or not.
There bits of lychee in the cream and it goes well with the moist and slightly fudgey cake. 
Love this mildly sweet dessert. 

Flat White -- S$ 5.50
The coffee flavor was abit too mild but the texture was quite smooth

Green Tea Latte -- S$ 8.50 (in first photo) 
Beautiful Latte art :) . 

I actually like the sofa's color LOL it's really an odd shade of green but somehow it just looks so cool. 



The Assembly Ground
@ The Cathay
2 Handy Road #01-21
Singapore 229233

Opening hours:
Monday - Friday: 11:00 to 22:00
Saturday - Sunday: 10:00 to 22:00

Chilling out with this girl...


Was hanging out at one of the residences nearby
Couldn't let go of a chance to take a photo coz I haven't took a decent photo in dunno how many weeks, thanks to the mugging period. 

Fuhhhh....can't believe I have less than 3 weeks till my holidays end :(
Need to update more often!! See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Nuffnang

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails